Friday, May 24, 2013

Sammydress Review

I have read some pretty frightening reviews by Sammydress saying things like "Oh, the quality was so terrible!" and another said, "I've spent $200 on Sammydress, and the package hasn't showed up yet! I keep on complaining and all they've sent me is apologies and excuses!" (I can't exactly quote these reviewers.) If you have had a bad experience with Sammydress, then I'm sorry. I have had an overall enjoyable experience with them, and I would love to write about their website in my own words and from my own experience.

Sammydress is a Chinese clothing wholesale shop online that sells clothing, jewelry, shoes, and many other things. When I first discovered Sammydress, I was extremely excited at the huge amounts of clothing they were showing. Then I clicked on the cutest maxi dress I have ever seen, and saw that it was only 12.45 USD. My jaw dropped. How could this website sell something that cheap yet it looks so dang cute?! I started looking at nearly their entire clothing selection, and started flooding my cart with practically anything that looked frickin' adorable. All the beautiful shirts were all less than $11. Sounds to good to be true right?

I closed the site and enlightened mom on my monumental discovery. She was also amazed, but she put that look on her face like she was having second thoughts about it. She told me to read some reviews to see what people thought about Sammydress. I saw under the website's link that it had a great rating of about four and a half stars from a few hundred people. But I scrolled down and saw that other reviews from resellerratings.com weren't looking so hot. (that was a few months ago. I checked again a few days ago and saw that the rating had gone up a bit, which made me feel better.) People were bagging on Sammydress calling it a scam and a fraud. 

Well, I decided to go with my gut and buy the two dresses I had my eye on. I decided to only order two items because the reviews had mentioned that ordering large quantities of clothing was a bad idea and would end in disaster. I shrugged at this thought and ordered the two dresses, just in case.

I had never ordered anything from overseas, so I didn't know that  the shipping was going to take so long. Eventually, you start to lose track of the days, and it took a little less than a month for the package to arrive. I was going to complain, but it made sense that cheap clothing from overseas would take a bit longer to ship. It finally arrived! Being very excited I opened it and pulled one dress out. But I realize something... there's only one dress in the package, and the one that didn't arrive was the one I wanted most. I was very angry, then realized why the prices were so cheap: So if something didn't arrive it wouldn't be a big deal financially. And the color of the one dress I did receive was different than the picture online. The floral fabric pattern looked the same, but it looked like a tannish/cream in the picture. The picture was probably edited, so I ended up getting a dress that didn't fit my standards.

I forgot about Sammydress for a few months, then decided to give it another try. I had forgotten my want to help businesses no matter what their circumstances. It sounds like I felt sorry for them, but really I felt that I should give them another chance. So I did. I only ordered one item so they couldn't possibly get it wrong, right? Since it took a month to get here, I decided to buy a swimming suit. I had been searching for adorable one-piece swimsuits all over the web. Etsy came really close, but I admit, the swimming suit I had ordered from Sammydress was the c.u.t.e.s.t. thing I have ever seen in my life. No more swim suit shopping ever again. The total for the swimsuit and shopping was $40. Not bad. After the expected one month wait, it finally arrived. 

I have not been more satisfied with anything I have ever bought online in my life. I expected it to just not be right, but it exceeded all of my expectations. It was very high quality, and it looked exactly like the picture. EXACTLY! It was a swimming suit sent from heaven. Heaven I tell you! I'm sure glad that  I made another order to Sammydress. 

Now I can't go a day without browsing Sammydress for which things I can purchase. I still make minimum orders though. But because I was so satisfied with my swimsuit I felt that I could trust them with an order of not one, but three clothing items. A dress, a jacket to match, and an adorably loose floral shirt. Another month later, I received my package and all three items were present. The dress was the biggest disappointment, but really not that much of one in the first place. It was a little shorter than the picture depicted, and the blue ribbon around the waist was a different shade of blue. My younger sister gladly accepted the dress and commented, "You got that from Sammydress?! That's adorable!" She sure was right. I would've worn if myself it it were longer, but, oh well. The jacket fit very well and the shirt was beyond adorable.

My overall review: 4 Stars. If you are looking for great quality clothing with decent shipping that will live to every one of your expectations, you better find a different website. This website is not for picky people. If you are a humble shopper who can't resist clothing for that cheap of a price (and you can wait  a month for a clothing order) then Sammydress is the perfect clothing site for you. I will certainly keep ordering from this site, and if you have had a bad experience with them, then I suggest a small order and please be patient with them. It takes a few orders, but you'll get used to it real quick. I've had an overall good experience with them, and I do recommend the site.

 Update - August 8th, 2015:

My mom had ordered a shirt, jacket and necklace for me as a Christmas present. We waited for two months (double the usual wait time) and realized that my package wasn't coming. We tried contacting customer service, but all they did was ask us for our order number a few times, then asked us to give them additional shipping charges. A few weeks later, only my necklace had arrived, but it was the wrong color my mom had ordered.

We received an email shortly after I the necklace had been delivered saying that the other two items my mom had ordered were out of stock, now three months after my mom ordered them. Just our luck. We once again gave them the ID numbers of the clothes we had ordered, and after another request for more shipping charges, we gave up. My items still haven't arrived and I know they never will.

My new rating for Sammydress: 3 stars. The customer service isn't very effective and I'm sure it's all done through a translator instead of a real person. My mom wasted $40 plus an additional shipping charge for a package that will never come. We tolerated them for three months, but we stopped contacting them because we seemed to be going in circles with customer service and not accomplishing anything. The way they even sent me the wrong color of necklace was sort of..... pathetic.

I don't wish to order from them again, but I've never been the kind of person to say anything is so terrible you shouldn't give it a chance. I'll leave the decision of whether to order their products or not up to you. In any case, I wish you the best of luck and that you don't get tangled with customer service, because that's not a battle worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment