Thursday, May 23, 2013

Intro

Now, if you really want to know something about me I guess I can start by saying that I am a teen who hates school and I have an amazing ammount of potential. I am currently reading the book "Hacking Your Education" by Dale J. Stephens, and it has convinced me to start up a blog and write about my likes, talents, life events, ect. So this blog is probably just going to be a blog about me and my talents.

I love crafting SOOOO much! It started when I colored on the walls when I was a toddler, and I'm still crafting today. My favorites are sewing, crocheting, and scrapbooking. I mean seriously, crafting basically means that you are making something adorable that no one will find anywhere else. Everything a crafter makes is unique. With clothes that you sew: not everyone makes more than half their Sunday dresses prom patterns like I do. I will be posting photos when I sew something new.

I have many dreams of success. I want to learn how to start making clothing without a pattern so I can REALLY make somehing no one has seen before. And after a few years of sewing classes and a few entrepreneur classes, my main life goal is to open my own clothing shop that will sell cute feminine clothing for teens to young adult girls. And because I am a mormon, I plan to make every single one of these clothing items appropriate. Appropriate as in no tank tops, crop tops or daisy dukes. My clothes are all going to be comfortable to wear without having to worry about pulling your skirt down or pulling your shirt up every 5 seconds. Now don't take this the wrong way. Everyone can wear what they want, no problem. I just don't choose to dress that way. So, I should say that all my clothes will be care-free yet stylish and feminine. I love floral and lace facric, so that will be most of the stock. But there was one thing that was bothering me, "What on earth an I going to call my shop?"

So one day at church all my girl friends sat together in a circle and helped me decide what the name of my shop should be. Everyone was throwing out answers and I happened to catch a few of them:

1. Abby's Wares (sounds like a thrift store)
2. Abby Amour (to hard to say)
3. The Non-Fidget Shop (I don't know who would name their store that, but probably not me)
4. Abby's Classies (classes for what?)
5. Classy Abby's

Bingo. Classy Abby's was the name that we all agreed on. Mainly because I am called classy whenever I sew something... well... classy. The desision isn't really final, but it's the best name we have thought of so far. I have always loved the idea of starting my own business, and I always beg mom to take me to those private business shops so I can buy something to help thme out. But I'm not made of money and I can't drive yet. So, yeah.

(Have a cute store name? Please comment below. I would love some cute store name ideas!)

Yet again, it always makes me sad to see a little shop someone's doing their best at running not get many people to come it. It probably sounds silly, but I always think, "Come on people! They're just trying their best!" Shops like these need support. I don't even know why I'm mentioning this because I don't know how I could help them other than buying something from their shop. I wish I could somehow.

But even when I see these shops, it still doesn't keep me from opening my business. I guess I'm pretty much unstoppable. I'm willing to take two jobs this summer so I can start saving for my future business, and also take classes at CCAC (a local college that gives classes to the public) so I can get a general idea of how to start a business, an idea of marketing, and especially try to master how to create my own constructed clothing. This might be the first summer when I'm going to be busy almost every day. But it's my dream and I'm willing to work hard for it. I have to start now, or else I might never get to it. The book I mentioned at the beginning has inspired me to do this, and I know that there is no better time than now to get started fulfulling my dream.

Because of this, I need to get used to posting on a blog so I can also get used to writing. I love writing for fun, and now I'm getting really really excited about it. So hopefully I will write about... well I can't really tell you, but I will write about what needs to be written as daily as I can.

To wrap this post up I guess I can end by saying that I love the feeling of responsibility and love being busy. Especially when that busy is a busy about something you love to do. I do believe I can succeed, and I can't wait for summer to start. Until then, I'll write down all my ideas and what I have learned on this here blog of mine. Wow, this summer's going to be the best summer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment