Thursday, May 23, 2013

Horses Are The Best!

Now if I'm going to talk about anything I care about it's going to be about horses. I'm a whole new level of "What's your favorite animal?". Just like crafting, horses have always been part of my life. First of all, let's start by getting pumped about horses because of how amazing they are:

1. They are one of the most graceful animals ever. Yes, ever. Their flowing manes and tails just can't be beat.

2. They make wonderful pets and great companions. My old horseback riding instructor told me one day, "Want to spend a million dollars? Own a horse." She was a Debby Downer, but if I had a million dollars to spend it would definately be for a fast horse that I could ride wherever and whenever I wanted.

3. I seriously think that there is no better animal than a horse. Dogs are man's best friend, but you can't really do that much with them. Walks and petting are fun, but with horses you interact with them much more deeply than a dog. Cats are just evil.

4. Horses have aided is humans for centuries. They pulled carriages, mine carts, and basically everything else that's beyond the capability of humans. They're not really needed today, but that doesn't mean we love then any less.

For these reasons and many more, I have loved horses all my life. Actually, just kidding. My mom told me once that I didn't like horses, but I couldn't believe it. But mom said that I suddenly started loving horses like crazy after we saw Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmeron. Okay, Spirit is definately one of the best movies of all time. No joke! I have never watched a movie since then that has made me feel so many emotions so vividly. If you haven't seen this masterpiece, I will gladly enlighten you.

The movie starts with pure, inspireing music which sets the mood for you. Then the narrorator's voice (Spirit's voice/thoughts) gives you the best intro to any movie and gives you goosebumps when the herd's running free with, again, the best movie score for a horse movie. Spirit is born, and we watch his life as a foal. He is very curious and is very spirited at heart (no duh), and he grows into a fine stallion and becomes leader of the herd. His curiosity gets the best of him one night when he ventures to find out what an orange glow was in the distance. He meets a group of coyboys and is very clever about his escape until he is unexpectadly captured. He is taken to a war camp in the middle of the desert where countless soldiers try to break him, but he won't let them have him. While tied to a post for 3 days to lessen his strength, he meets an indian (Little Creek) who was soon to becone his best friend. Together, they eventually escape the camp and free all the other horses who were there as well. He thinks he's home free, until he spots a beautiful mare, who happens to be Little Creek's horse, and spirit is captured again. (In a much more friendly manner.) Spirit follows the mare (Rain) around the village and soon realizes that the horses there had freedom, even though they weren't wild. When all seems to be going perfect, soldiers from the previous camp suddenly raid the village, and Spirit is captured one again and taken to an area where they were constructing a railroad. All the horses recruited there are forced to pull a freight train up the mountain side. Spirit realizes that the road is leading to his home, and he cleverly frees all the horses while destroying the train and the town below in the process. Little Creek finds him again, and they have a final showdown with the soldiers. Spirit again proves that they cound't tame him, and the General of the camp lets him go. Rain, Spirit, And Little Creek have a very emotional reunion, then Little Creek let's Rain free with Spirit. The movie ends when Spirit and Rain are reunited with the herd, and then the best movie of all time ends. Dang it.

This movie not only has great songs and a great plot, it also teaches that the spirit, if strong, can never be broken. Like a boss. Other than loving horses, this movie relates to me because I have a desire for freedom and it also reasurres me that if I stay heldfast to my goals and dreams I am unstoppable. So this movie was practically written for me. No better movie could have shaped my childhood as much as this one did.

So horses really are more inspiring than most people thnk they are. That's the bottom line. To truely get into the spirit of horses (puns), I will post some of my favorite horse pictures from Google Images.






Oh yeah. Horses are the best animal. I rode them English saddle for years, and I love them more and more every time I see one!

No comments:

Post a Comment